HCVT Ranks 20th In Overall Rankings; Receives High Marks On Compensation, Culture, Firm Leadership, and Diversity Among Other Quality of Life Categories
Public accounting firm HCVT, the largest locally based firm in Los Angeles and the 31st largest firm nationally, has ranked 20th in their debut appearance on the Vault Accounting 25 rankings from Firsthand.
The ranking is based on a survey taken by accounting professionals across the country.
The firm received top 10 rankings for 13 quality of life categories. Among these categories, HCVT ranked in the top 5 for compensation, firm leadership, and promotion policies when weighted against the industry average. In a testament to the firm’s focus on DEI, HCVT has also ranked in the top 10 in all four diversity categories.
Vicken Haleblian, who assumes the role of CEO and Managing Partner for HCVT effective May 1, says that recruiting, retaining, and developing the best talent to serve the firm’s clients is priority number one. Appearing in this year’s rankings for the first time validates the work and investments the firm has made over the years to become a destination employer.
"Our culture is employee-centric,” said Haleblian. “We want our team to have what they need to grow and thrive professionally and personally. As an employer, how we receive and act on employee feedback will determine how successful we are. A survey like the Vault Accounting 25 is instrumental in helping us keep our finger on the pulse within HCVT and throughout the public accounting profession.”
“It’s affirming to hear directly from our people that they are highly satisfied with the compensation and benefits HCVT offers,” continued Patty O’Connell, Chief Operating Officer and Partner, “Our people feel that our firm invests in their professional and personal growth and truly values their well-being. We strive to be competitive in the market and continue to reevaluate what our team members need in order to provide excellent service to our clients.”
Here’s what HCVT’s employees said about the firm:
- "HCVT is a firm where there is transparency in promotion and career advancement. Leadership has excellent open-door communication in helping me as a professional to develop technical skills by effectively scheduling assignments that promote career advancement and technical expertise."
- "HCVT is a firm that emphasizes work-life balance by providing flexibility. In addition, the culture is collaborative - where one team member steps in and helps to complete an urgent task timely without the negative perception that asking for help in projects means a lack of managerial skills. HCVTers have high EQ where empathy is the main denominator as everyone relates and understands the personal and professional needs of each other."
- "The firm is in good hands led by an extraordinary partner group. There is no shortage of high-quality client work. I think the firm will continue to grow, expand, and thrive."
- "From a tax perspective, HCVT is one of the best firms to work for. They have excellent tax training, opportunities to specialize in niche tax fields, and clear paths for advancement. Everyone fosters a supportive atmosphere and managers are respectful of people's differences in skill level. Ideas for process improvements are welcome and shared freely."
- "The work-life balance, culture, and compensation provided at this job are far above anything I have experienced in my professional career. From the top of the firm as a whole, to the top of all of the offices, the culture here makes you feel appreciated and valued as an employee and as a person. The firm handled the COVID pandemic strongly, with no pay cuts and layoffs. I see the firm continually growing quickly and am proud to be a small part of it."
View HCVT’s Firsthand Profile >
Interested in joining HCVT? Click here to learn more about career opportunities at the firm.
HCVT is the largest Los Angeles-based public accounting firm and the 31st largest firm nationally. Founded in 1991, HCVT provides tax, business management, M&A and valuation services to public and closely held companies; high-net-worth individuals and families and their related entities; and family offices. The firm also provides audit and assurance services to privately held companies and employee benefit plan sponsors.
Known for its deep technical skills and ability to address the most complex tax issues associated with partnerships and pass-through entities, HCVT serves clients across a number of industries, including: private equity, real estate, media and entertainment, manufacturing, retail and distribution, technology, healthcare and life sciences, nonprofit organizations, affordable housing and professional services firms.
With more than 700 team members, which include more than 100 partners and principals, HCVT serves clients from 13 offices. Including its headquarters in West Los Angeles, HCVT has nine locations in Southern California (Camarillo, Encino, Glendale, Irvine, Long Beach, Monrovia, Pasadena, and Westlake Village); and offices in Walnut Creek, California; Fort Worth, Texas; Park City, Utah and Phoenix, Arizona. The firm’s national and global reach is extended by its affiliation with Moore North America, Inc. (MNA) and Moore Global Network Limited, an independent and global accountancy and business advisory network of CPA and financial services firms located throughout the United States and around the globe. Visit hcvt.com to learn more.