To compete in today’s economy, many organizations look to growth opportunities beyond our borders. Global expansion brings opportunities and challenges. Careful attention is required to address the tax implications of international expansion. HCVT’s international tax practice offers a broad range of international tax consulting and compliance services. Our clients include individuals, trusts, private equity and venture capital firms, and businesses with global operations and investments. We serve a wide variety of industries including real estate, hospitality, retail, manufacturing, technology, and entertainment. We have deep experience addressing outbound and inbound international tax issues that affect partnerships, individuals, trusts and corporations located both inside and outside the United States. We coordinate with local country advisors to provide consultation to U.S. based companies and individuals on tax and business issues that arise when investing and doing business outside the United States. Our capabilities are further enhanced by our access to the tax and accounting resources of Moore Stephens International Limited – a global independent accountancy and business advisory association of affiliated CPA and financial services firms throughout the globe. Since Moore Stephens London was founded a century ago, MSIL has grown to be one of the largest international accounting and consulting groups with over 300 independent member firms, 636 offices in 100 countries and over 21,000 professionals worldwide.
Our international tax services include:
- Implementing tax efficient structures for cross-border companies
- U.S. tax compliance for foreign assets and operations
- Analysis to avoid pitfalls related to U.S. anti-deferral regimes (commonly known as subpart F and PFIC regimes)
- Inbound tax planning for foreign investment/operations in the U.S.
- Cross-border financing and planning for repatriation of funds
- Foreign tax credit planning and reporting requirements
- Applying U.S. tax treaties to obtain reduced rates or exemptions from taxation
- Implementing and optimizing IC-DISC structures for U.S. exporters
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) impact analysis and compliance assistance
- Preparation of expatriate tax returns (Exclusion of foreign income)
- Preparation/review of income tax provision (ASC 740) for corporations with international operations